These are five things I have learned (and am still learning) since becoming a father, with some things learned from the wise mother.
1. Watching your own kids is NOT babysitting, it’s called PARENTING.
2. The dining room table is one of the most effective family-building tools.
3. The kitchen, household and laundry appliances are unisex in design and engineering. Go figure.
4. Not much beats a good family game or movie night, especially when the Dad wins the game or John Wayne and/or Star Wars and/or Indiana Jones is the movie.
5. If you give them a good base and allow them to be them, your kids will become better human beings than you. (Just as you wished for the day they were born.)